About our Services
Primary care, urgent care, and psychiatric/mental health services are covered by the student health fee. Other services (procedures, labs, and imaging, etc) are offered at or near cost. No health insurance is required to use the SHWC, but you may bill insurance for ancillary procedures, labs, and imaging (please check with your insurance company to ensure coverage at SHWC).
- General medical and urgent care
- Mental health counseling
- Lacerations & fracture care
- Women's Health
- Men's Health
- HIV & STI testing and counseling
- Physical exams for teachers, missionaries, and travelers
- Sports medicine
- Minor procedures
- Laboratory testing
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
- DOT physicals
- Onsite physical therapy available (provided by outside medical facility)
- Appointments and Lab: 8:30-4:30, M-F
- X-ray: 2-5, M-F
- Physical Therapy: 8:30-6, M-F
- Summer 8:30-4 -Th 8:30-2 pm F
Health Education & Prevention:
- Stress management
- Sexual health
- Safety issues
- Healthy relationships
- Presentations & information about drugs & alcohol
- Substance abuse & dependence counseling & referrals
- Minor in possession classes
- Weight loss/Dietary counseling
- Eating disorders
You are not required to have health insurance to use the Student Health and Wellness Center or to see a doctor here. When you register for classes each semester, you pay a student health fee, which enables us to provide many of our professional services without any additional cost to you. Spouses and dependents pay a similar, but slightly higher fee to access the Health Center for the semester.
Our laboratory tests, x-rays and physical therapy visits, individual diet counseling and some of our supplies have fees associated with them. While we expect payment at the time of service, we will work with you to receive payment from your insurance, and we will accept Visa, Mastercard, and Aggie Express cards.
Services We Do Not Offer
- Major emergency care
- Motor vehicle accident care
- are for workman’s compensation (on the job) injuries.
- Dental services
- Dermatologist services
- Chiropractor services
- Optometrist (eye doctor) services
For any of these injuries, first aid care will be provided, when necessary, and then care will be transferred to an appropriate care provider. In the event of a life-threatening emergency, call 911 or Campus Police.
We do not write notes of excuse for missed class work and examinations except under special circumstances determined by the physician. This generally includes only those absences or limitations that we, ourselves, have initially recommended. We cannot verify or document absences or excuse classes after the fact, or for other providers.